With summer vacation holidays just around the corner, our dental clinic wanted to share some useful tips for Invisalign users to ensure you treatment schedule stays on track while you are enjoying your getaway.
1. Don’t skip brushing and flossing. Part of your Invisalign treatment and good oral care is remembering to brush twice a day and floss once a day. You should also brush after meals, snacks and beverages before putting your aligners back in your mouth.
2. Pack the right oral care essentials. You will want to make sure to pack your toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss for your regular daily care. It is a good idea to also pack a travel toothbrush and a travel size toothpaste you can carry with you so you can easily brush after eating, snacking and drinking without having to go back to your hotel resort.
3. Pack three sets of aligners and storage containers. Depending on how long you will be gone, you could need three sets of aligners. You want to take along your previous set as a backup, in case of an accident with your current set. You should also pack your next new set if you will need to transition to these while on vacation.
4. Pack an extra aligner storage container. Make sure you have an extra aligner storage container in case you misplace one. You still need to carry one with you at all times so you have somewhere to store the aligners while eating, snacking, and drinking beverages besides water.
5. Get a small oral care travel case to take with you. You will want to store all of your oral care items in its own travel case. You may want to get two of these small cases and use one to carry your oral care supplies you use during the day while you are out enjoying the sights, shopping, or relaxing on the beach.
6. Don’t panic if an accident occurs with your aligners. If a set of aligners gets damaged, torn, or accidentally left somewhere and you don’t remember where, don’t panic. If you used our previous tip and packed your old set of aligners, you can wear these until you have to transition to your next new set.
7. Have fun and enjoy your summer vacation holiday! The best thing about Invisalign is you don’t have to forego trying new foods while on your vacation. Relax, have fun and enjoy yourself and take plenty of pictures showing off your beautiful smile!
After you return home from your summer vacation holiday, remember to confirm your next periodic checkup appointment at our dental clinic. If you lost a set of aligners or they got damaged and you are not sure if you need to replace them or just move onto your next new set, do not hesitate to contact Oasis Family Dental at (807) 623-2662 with any questions or concerns.