Many people are finding they want to straighten their smile these days with the help of new innovations, like Invisalign. Thanks to this modern method, people of all ages are able to get the straight teeth they desire without having to rely upon traditional braces, typically associated with teenagers.
One common question we receive, here at Oasis Family Dental in if there is a difference between the results obtained with Invisalign and traditional braces. For most people, the results are similar. However, it is worth noting the processes are different and many people find using Invisalign much easier. Not to mention, Invisalign is less noticeable to others you are straightening your teeth to get the smile you have always wanted!
What Are the Pros of Invisalign?
- They are invisible so no one will know you are wearing them.
- They are removable, so you can always take them out before eating.
- Since Invisalign is removable, there are no issues with food getting caught in hard to remove areas.
- There is no discomfort from wires in your mouth.
- There are no difficulties in speaking.
- You do not have to hide your smile from your friends and family as they most will not even realize you are wearing Invisalign.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth is quick and easy after removing them.
What Are the Pros of Braces?
Traditional braces do have a few pros compared to Invisalign, worth mentioning:
- Braces are more effective for complex issues that require 24/7 treatment.
- They are more appropriate for tweens and teens, who might have problems remembering to wear Invisalign or could lose them.
What are the Cons of Invisalign?
There are a few drawbacks to Invisalign worth noting in order to help you make the right decision to getting your teeth straightened. You have to remember to remove them anytime you eat and have to brush and floss your teeth before putting them back in to avoid staining the clear surfaces. You must also remember to switch out the straightening cups as directed by your treatment schedule.
What are the Cons of Braces?
Braces also have their drawbacks. Some people experience greater discomfort, soreness in their mouth and have problems speaking clearly. You do need to visit an orthodontist every so often to have braces inspected and tightened. Further, braces are more likely to trap food particles and some people have problems enjoying hard and/or sticky foods.
With any dental work you are considering, it is always recommended to consult with an experienced dentist in Thunder Bay to help you determine the best methods to use to achieve the smile you desire. For more information about Invisalign or other cosmetic services, contact Oasis Family Dental today by calling (807) 623-2662 to schedule an appointment.